Generally, we know that our android device can hide apps in various ways. But, do you know developers also hide some apps from the beginning?
One of the built-in but hide apps on Android is Secure Folder. Although they are invisible, they still operating on your device. As a user, you can be benefited through those apps when you can able to find out. Besides, parents also need to learn those ways to monitor their child’s activity on the phone.
The 5 creative ways to find hidden apps on Android:
Here are 5 creative ways to find hidden apps on Android.
1. How to find hidden apps when you have an old Android phone?
The old Android phone’s mechanism is slightly different than our latest phone, so you need to follow the below steps to find out the hidden apps.
- At first, click on your device’s “Settings”.
- Then, navigate to the “Applications” menu on your device.
- You may see the two navigation buttons and open the menu view then tap “Task”.
- Lastly, you have to check the option that says “Show Hidden Apps”.
2. How you can find out the hidden apps in the App Drawer?
If you wish to see your apps complete list on your device’s home screen, you have to open the App Drawer.
So you need to tap on the icon which lies in the home screen’s lower middle section or you can swipe up on the home screen. After that–
- Now, you will see the three dots in the top left corner of the App Drawer so, press it.
- After that, you will see a list, and from here select the “Home Screen Settings” option then tap it.
- Once you tap on that option, a new window with a list will visible and press the “Hide Apps” tab from the list.
- When you enter into the Hide Apps tab, you will see a “Hidden Apps” option and here you find all the invisible apps.
Note: If you find no three dots option in the app drawer then simply press the “Home Screen Settings” tab after that, run over the above procedure.
3. How you can find out the hidden apps in Settings?
Thankfully, you will find another way to discover all the invisible apps from your Android device. Here you need to navigate your device’s Settings option. So, the steps you have to follow are-
- Hopefully, you are familiar with your device Settings icon, so press this icon to open the settings application.
- After getting into the Settings icon you will see a list of options so, scroll there.
- From there select the option which says ”Apps & Notifications”.
- Now, a list of apps becomes visible in front of you including the hidden also, press on the “See all apps” option and all the apps (hidden also) will visible to you.
4. How you can find out the hidden apps using a Launcher?
There are many launchers apps that will help you in this arena. One of the launcher apps is Apex Launcher. Below, you will find how you can use it to find hidden apps.
- At first, open the app bar, and at the bottom of the screen, you will see the icon having six or more dots then tap it.
- After that, press to open the menu which usually lies somewhere on top and looks like a gear, dots, or horizontal bars.
- Now, from the menu select “Show hidden apps” or you will find a separate section for hidden apps.
5. How you can find out the hidden apps on a rooted device?
This is another way to but it is only for the rooted android devices. To run this method you need to take help from a 3rd party app named “Titanium Backup”. After that, follow the following steps-
- Firstly, use a root checker to ensure your android device is successfully rotted.
- Now, find out the ‘Titanium Backup’ app and download & install successfully.
After installation, open the Titanium Backup app, and hopefully, you will see all the hidden apps there.