We sometimes hesitate between wall-mounted or larded closure systems. In this article, we suggest you learn more about the high-security door lock. So you can decide if you want to equip the doors of your home with them.
To do this, we will explain the main characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages of this system to you. But do you know what exactly the security arrangements that a high-security door lock can provide to you are?
Here are 5 key benefits of high-security door lock systems through this article.
Table of Contents
What Is A High-Security Lock For Your Front Door?
Robbery by trickery is becoming more and more frequent, especially in cases where the entrance is not sufficiently protected. To multiply the locking points of your front door, your professional craftsman can recommend the installation of high-security locks. These are particularly useful in the effective fight against break-ins and burglaries.
Concretely, a lock is generally in the form of an outer box crossed by a gray sidebar. It slides or pivots inside a “patina.” When the lock is engaged, it automatically connects the door to the jamb, preventing it from opening.
You can manually activate the lock using a button, an acorn, or a key. A wide variety of models and colors exist. It allows you to enjoy a set that is both functional but discreet and integrates well into your home.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Key Lockboxes in 2021 Reviews
What Are The Advantages Of A High-Security Lock For Your Front Door?
The advantage of this equipment is that it can be used on a wide variety of doors, but also windows and exterior doors.
Note, however, that you have a glass front door; conventional protection will not be enough. You will need to opt for double entry lock systems. It will help to prevent an individual from breaking the glass from turning the interior knobs.
Here are 5 key benefits of high-security door lock systems:
- More control and safety
Security means more than being able to immediately lock a lost key. Security means protecting electronic identification media from illegal duplication. Be able to centrally control the most sensitive areas with high-security door lock systems. And document every single access.
- More comfort
An electronic medium replaces the key for all accesses. Opening and closing take place simply by pressing a button. Furthermore, at any time, you have a clear overview of who is logged in to which doors. And at what time and you can change access rights quickly and flexibly.
- More quality
In digital locking technology, many companies manufacture all components with high precision. For the customers, quality means long life, high reliability of mechanical parts, perfect function, and, last but not least, low energy consumption.
- Maximum investment security
We have always believed that every high-security locking system must be flexible. They should be able to be expanded with new components or software easily and economically even after many years. Investment security is guaranteed by compatibility with later or previous versions of our products and systems.
- More assistance
Reliability is a matter of trust – you can rely on these locks without any doubt.
What kind of high-security door lock systems do you need?
The handles and electronic cylinders are as easy and quick to assemble as the traditional versions. Assembly is easy and clean. Before proceeding, answer the following questions.
Transponder or SmartCard:
Transponders offer significantly more advantages. SmartCards, on the other hand, are indicated when the number of authorized access is extraordinarily high. Or when it is desired to assign an access authorization limited in time.
- Comfort: The transponders transmit by radio at a minimum distance of 40 cm. SmartCards should be held close to the reader.
- Robustness: The transponders are very stable and last an eternity. SmartCards are more easily damaged, losing their functionality.
- Economics: The transponder signals have a wide range, so no expensive external installations are required.
Cylinder or handle:
Digital cylinders are the most cost-effective standard solution. Digital handles are especially useful for high-traffic passage doors.
- Flexibility: Compact cylinders can be used almost anywhere. With their stainless steel design, they present a timeless charm.
- Universal use: Handle-less doors, laboratory cabinet doors or external doors, exposed to wind and weather. The cylinders can overcome even the toughest challenges.
- Speed: The installation of the locking cylinders is quick and easy without having to modify the door, the rosette, or the handle.
- Locking: The cylinders can be blocked. They can also be used in locks with multi-point locks.
- Economics: The cylinders have excellent value for money. The purchase and assembly costs are amortized in a relatively short time.
These were the 5 Key Benefits of High-Security Door Lock Systems. Whatever your reinforcement and security project, do not hesitate to ask your locksmith for the various mandatory certifications.
These ensure that you benefit from high-security door lock systems. Any company like Serrurier Bruxelles will do it without any problem.