At the same time, you will need a tripod for your filming; the tripod head is also important to have a good one so that you can rotate your camera smoothly to the angle you want. Work, the problem for many new camera operators is they have little knowledge of how to choose the best tripod for their camera work. However, it will no longer be a problem as we will introduce you to the top 10 best tripod heads with their brief reviews. After scanning through this, you might find your favorite and best quality ones without spending too much time surfing for it.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table of Best Tripod Head
- 10. Manfrotto 502 Video Head MVH502AH
- 9. XCSOURCE Pro All Metal Camera Tripod Ballhead with Quick Release Plate for Canon 5D mark
- 8. Manfrotto 496RC2 Ball Head with Quick Release Replaces Manfrotto 486RC2
- 7. CowboyStudio Pro Camera Tripod Ball Head Quick Release Plate With Gradienter BK-03
- 6. Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head
- 5. Joby BH1 Ball Head with Bubble Level for Joby GP3 SLR-Zoom Gorillapod
- 4. CowboyStudio EI717A Professional Video Camera Fluid Drag Tripod Head and Handle
- 3. Slik Mini-Pro V Tripod with 2-Way Pan/Tilt Head
- 2. Tripod Monopod Metal BALL HEAD Quick Release Plate By Fancierstudio 002H
- 1. Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head with Quick Release Replaces Manfrotto 488RC2
- What are the striking features of tripod heads?
- What are the different types of tripod heads you can opt for?
Comparison Table of Best Tripod Head
|Serial No.||Name||Product Dimensions||Weight||Rating|
|1||Manfrotto 502 Video Head MVH502AH||39.9 x 21.6 x 21.6 cm||2.6 kg||4.3|
|2||XCSOURCE Pro||3.5 x 4.2 x 4.3 inches||0.95 pounds||4.2|
|3||Manfrotto 496RC2 Ball Head||5 x 5 x 5 inches||14.9 ounces||4.3|
|4||CowboyStudio Pro||10.2 x 10.2 x 10.2 cm||2.1 kg||4.1|
|5||Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head||9.2 x 12.1 x 13 cm||1.2 kg||3.9|
|6||Joby BH1 Ball Head||6.9 x 4.6 x 6.4 cm||308 gm||4.0|
|7||CowboyStudio EI717A||50.8 x 10.2 x 10.2 cm||1,4 kg||4.5|
|8||Slik Mini-Pro V Tripod||20.1 x 6.9 x 17.3 cm||363 gm||4.2|
|9||Tripod Monopod Metal BALL HEAD Quick||13.7 x 13 x 12.2 cm||612 gm||4.2|
|10||Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head 2||5 x 5 x 5 inches||0.76 kg||4.2|
10. Manfrotto 502 Video Head MVH502AH
Manfrotto is one of the best tripod heads currently available for a very good deal and affordable price. This tripod has been designed elegantly in premium quality and functions. As well great, it was made easily attachable to the accessories of the camera to allow easy operation before filming. The flat is also wider for the reason of stability.
9. XCSOURCE Pro All Metal Camera Tripod Ballhead with Quick Release Plate for Canon 5D mark
XCSOURCE Pro is another incredible design of the tripod head. The quick release plate is one of the major features of this tripod while the item is mainly made from good quality aluminum for good durability. At the same time, this XCSOURCE Pro could perform great three different operation knobs. Being made to a professional standard, this tripod head could hold up to 413g.
8. Manfrotto 496RC2 Ball Head with Quick Release Replaces Manfrotto 486RC2
This is a different model of the tripod from the same Manfrotto as the product number 1. However, the quality and recognition of this product have been very good that it has also been selected to be one of the best tripod heads in our list. The most interesting features of this tripod include strong capacity to hold up to the 13-pound weight of the camera, the locking lever for most comfortable and convenient use. The friction built-in as well makes the control of this tripod head perfect.
7. CowboyStudio Pro Camera Tripod Ball Head Quick Release Plate With Gradienter BK-03
Next to suggest is the CowboyStudio Pro tripod ball head. Coming with the quick release feature for the plate, this tripod has been reviewed largely positive from its users. This reflects the very good satisfaction of the customers over the item. However, many features including great quality of this tripod have made this happen, and some of them include high loading capacity and the best longevity.
6. Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head
The Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head is also the one, the best one that many users like and recommend. As you could witness its design in the picture, this tripod head has an amazing design for great performance on the smooth rotation and loading capacity. Like many other best tripod heads, the Manfrotto 410 comes with the quick release function.
5. Joby BH1 Ball Head with Bubble Level for Joby GP3 SLR-Zoom Gorillapod
Being great for the loading capacity, this Joby BH1 could hold up to 3kg of weight. Made from amazing quality plastic and metal for the balls, this Joby BH1 will bring great convenience to your filming work. Related to the price, though this tripod has been built in very good and recognized quality, its price is just reasonably affordable.
4. CowboyStudio EI717A Professional Video Camera Fluid Drag Tripod Head and Handle
Again, here it comes another CowboyStudio which comes in both the handle and the tripod. If to talk about the quality, this CowboyStudio model is extremely awesome and high performing. Many customer reviews have also agreed with this, and it gets rated as a 4.5-star product. Compared to the rest of the list, this model is a little bit more expensive, and yes, that is because it is better in both quality and design.
3. Slik Mini-Pro V Tripod with 2-Way Pan/Tilt Head
Smartly designed as the professional tripod head, the Slik Mini-Pro V tripod with the head is amazing package to allow great convenient in filming. Best known for achieving perfect stability, the Mini-Pro V tripod head could hold the camera up to 12 oz. Any DSLR camera would also be best with this tripod head.
2. Tripod Monopod Metal BALL HEAD Quick Release Plate By Fancierstudio 002H
This tripod monopod coming with the metal ball head could perform such a brilliant task in loading the camera, and it can deal well with those of up to 4 kg. This makes it great for the big DSLR cameras. In the meantime, its metal construction makes it extremely durable. The quick release plate is as well there for your convenience.
1. Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head with Quick Release Replaces Manfrotto 488RC2
Lastly to recommend is the Manfrotto modeled 498RC2. This is as well a perfect option for those who are in need of the best tripod heads for their camera work. Capable of loading up to 17 pounds, the Manfrotto is also very good with its ergonomic design. If this sounds right for you, there is nothing to hesitate. Its quality is highly reliable.
What are the striking features of tripod heads?
You all must be very eager to know the features that this wonder product consists of. Before investing your money into it obviously, you want to know what are the advantages of the product and how will it help you in future. Here I am to make you aware of the striking features that tripods consist of. Below is the rundown of it:
- Easy rotation: While shooting, you cannot capture shots from one angle only. You have to rotate your angle of your camera to different positions. Here comes the role of the camera head. It allows you to rotate your camera without any effect on the actual shot. Neatly and smoothly, you can rotate your camera always.
- Adjustments: In some of the heads you will notice that adjustments lock is featured. This will assist you in locking the position of the camera in your selective position. This will bring a lot of stability in your work.
- Quicker to operate: For setting up camera heads you need to invest a lot of time of yours. You just have to make a little setting, and it will be ready to operate in few minutes.
- Size: During the shooting process you have to pack up your things and have to move from one place to another. The size of the camera head is small, and it is little bit lightweight also. That adds on to the advantage of being easily portable.
- Better shots: Camera heads provides a lot of stability which will result in capturing superb shots and videos. Your camera will not move even if you rotate it from one place to another at high speed.
- A quick switch over: Sometimes you have to change your camera position immediately. Camera head eases you a lot in this process.
What are the different types of tripod heads you can opt for?
- BALL HEADS: These help you in rotating your camera full 360 degrees without creating any problem. These ball heads provide the adjustability to the upper limit. These ball heads are very easy to set up and make perfect to be used.
- PAN/TILT HEADS: This head is one of the most popular tripod heads of all. These heads provide a great amount of control to the user in rotating the camera easily.
- GIMBAL HEADS: Gimbal heads provide you a center gravity which supports your camera to be at the center of the head and make your shooting very easy.
- FLUID HEADS: For easy and smooth rotation of your camera these fluid heads use a kind of fluid at there points. These fluids works superb and are of great use.
- VIDEO HEADS: This is an advanced version of tilt fluid heads. It consists of many great features. The main of it is adjustment lock where you are unable to lock up the size of the direction in which you want to shoot.
- CAMERA ROTATORS: For smoothly rotating from vertical position to horizontal position or vice versa these are surely the best heads that you can prefer.
- MOTORIZED TRIPOD HEADS: These consists of battery power motor that will move the camera as needed.
From all the tripod heads the CowboyStudio EI717A Professional Video Camera Fluid Drag Tripod Head and Handle has been the best out of best. It has all the features that a photographer will demand of for ease. It has high loading capacity which will make you fit an even heavy weighted camera into this. You will not at all be disappointed if you make this tripod a member of your photography session. This will make your camera quickly rotated in all possible directions Light weighted, rotational capacity, available in affordable prices makes this tripod head at the top in its field.