Hot water on tap all the time is a prerequisite for a modern and comfortable life. The problem of lack of hot water is not so difficult to solve, you just need to install a certain displacement water heater under the sink. You can find a wide range of this type of equipment on the market, and the only thing left for consumers is to decide which particular water heater to choose and also read this under sink water heater reviews
The under-sink water heater may be extremely necessary in some cases.
- In the case of the total absence of hot water. In trouble-free installations, it will be possible to install not only an appropriately sized under-sink water heater, but also to adapt the storage boiler to a room where there is a large volume for a bathroom.
- For active use in the summer season. In many cities, it is in the summer that hot water is often turned off for diagnosis, construction, or repair of water networks. In order not to experience difficulties with the constant heating of water for various domestic needs, many ordinary people install such equipment in their homes.
- In the event of an unexpected emergency shutdown. Hot water supply when repairs can be made in the house or pipes are changed. Then you can choose a small device. A common household water heater will fit safely both under the sink and on the walls, it won’t cause any problems.
All under-sink water heaters can be divided into 2 main types according to the working principle.
- Products with storage capacity. – This is the most demanded equipment, which is characterized by a fairly economical energy consumption and is very simple to operate. The storage boilers have compact dimensions, they run on electrical energy.
Among the positive characteristics of the cumulative boilers are:
- lack of slag;
- rapid heating of the water;
- High power, which can increase the energy cost of the device.
Devices with flow heater. – Less demand due to higher energy consumption. In addition, the cost of such products is much higher than the price of the analogues with storage capacity of the cumulative type.
Continuous flow units have a slightly different structure than cumulative products. The cumulative capacity in devices of this type is completely absent.
Most water heaters have parts such as:
- protection box: very durable metal or plastic is necessary for its production, the body part will differ in the compact parameters, perfectly suitable for placement under any sink;
- TEN: in direct dependence on energy, this device is equipped with one or more devices for heating water;
- fluid flow sensors – distinguished by the presence of a heating element that, if necessary, will prevent the heating element from burning if there is a shortage of water flow;
- power relay: ensures both the on and off of the heating element in operation;
- Temperature control sensors: will not allow the unit to overheat.
These mechanisms, depending on the type of fuel they consume, can be of two types: electrical products and gas (columns).
Gas appliances are used only in those homes that have a connection to the gas distribution pipeline. Before purchasing an electric heater, you must ensure that the condition of your home wiring allows you to use equipment with a capacity greater than 2 kW / h.
- Gas The instant water heater in its current form is a compact and fairly aesthetic column that connects to the main line. It will fit perfectly in the kitchen space under the sink, since in the assortment you can find different colors. A significant disadvantage of buyers of such devices is considered to stop the supply of hot water, it is only necessary to turn off the gas. Such products will save you during subsequent interruptions to your hot water supply and can be an excellent solution to give.
- Electric The flow device for heating the water in a kitchen most often looks like a small box with a tap coming out of it, from where the water will flow to the desired degree of heating. Connect this device to the water supply. The flowing water, when passing through the heating element, acquires heat and is actively used for domestic needs. This device is extremely convenient for organizing a large kitchen, where large volumes of hot water are not required.
- These water heaters attract consumers with the construction of their thermo tank, which can store hot water for a long time. This type of boiler variation is extremely economical, as the device is turned on only to bring the required volume of water to the desired temperature, and then it is immediately turned off. Gas units aren’t as compact as their flow-type counterparts, but they have a wide range of sizes and stylish decor to sit under the sink in the kitchen.
- A larger number of cumulative type electric water heaters represent a full-fledged automatic type boiler, which independently, according to a pre-programmed program, will perform all the basic functions: it will turn on, heat the water to the required temperature and turn off . This device must be connected to the network at all times.