When one speaks of cosplay costumes, thinking of a Superman costume or a Captain America costume is very common because the superhero characters are those who appear in some kind of a costume most often on screen or in comics. However, there are quite a few of those characters which are in no way related to superhero but are excellent for cosplay.
The Choices You Have Other Than Superheroes:
Cosplay costumes does not always refer to the superhero costumes like a Captain America costume but they can also refer to several of those costumes of characters who cannot be categorized as superheroes. Listed below are few of the many such characters.
- Mickey Mouse – This famous Disney creation along with his friends have ruled the minds of children for years and it is one of those characters with whom even the older generations are familiar with. If you intend on not wearing a superhero costume the next time around, you can definitely choose this fun animation figure. This character’s costume would include a shirt and pant set, a waist coat, bow and gloves and the ears.
- Minnie Mouse – In case you are a female and in love with the Mickey Mouse animation, you can easily choose to look like Mickey’s constant companion Minnie Mouse. The costume to look like her includes a coat and dress along with the waist seal, a pair each of stockings and gloves and a headband.
- Lord Voldemort – From the fun and peaceful world of the two mice, we now shift to the fantasy world of Harry Potter. You can choose to dress like the darkest wizard that ever existed. His costumes are black in colour and include a jacket and blouse. If you manage to get hold of a wand to go with the costume, you would definitely be adding up to the whole wizard vibe of the attire.
- Jaffar – This character is the villain in the story of Aladdin and is the latter’s arch-nemesis and a sorcerer. His costume includes an inner shirt, his dress, a cape and hat. Wearing this to a gathering where costume is a prerequisite would definitely draw you apart. You would have an oriental vibe which would make your appearance unique.
- Cinderella – This is perhaps the most famous character to be emulated in the real world. Her blue-white gown, hair hoop and glass shoes which she gets from her Fairy Godmother make up the very famous costume. Many have tried to wear at least similar costumes if not the same one on many occasions. If you feel that Cinderella is too common, you can choose to wear the costumes of the antagonists of Cinderella’s story or even the Fairy Godmother. The dresses of Anastasia Tremaine, Drizella Tremaine and their Lady Tremaine are widely available. These costumes are mostly made of a good quality satin which would ensure that these are durable.
- Frozen – The costumes of the characters of Elsa, Anna and Kristoff are the most widely worn. These costumes include trousers, robes and belts. You can also get boots made according to this theme as well. These costumes are mainly made of wool, lining, faux leather and suede.
You can look around for many such more non-superhero costumes on websites specializing in cosplay and choose from the wide range of good quality and accurately knitted costumes. You could definitely be separated from the crowd as a result of making such great choices.